quick (or not so quick) update

1:10 AM

It's been forever since I have been able to update this blog, so instead of trying to go back and catch you up on everything that's happened, I'll just stick to the highlights. You're welcome. :)

  1. Nick started a new job in The Woodlands. The first three weeks he was working there Monday-Thursday and then he worked from home on Fridays and was home all weekend.  This three week time span also happened to correlate with the onset of the WORST morning (all day) sickness I have experienced with any of my pregnancies.  Thankfully, my sweet husband was able to work out a deal where he now works from home full-time and only travels to The Woodlands every other week for two days.  
  2. Our house has been on the market for 2 months now.  We get showings every once in a while but we are not getting enough traffic to expect it to sell any time soon.  We have dropped our price as low as we can go and, in fact, even if we get a full priced offer we will be writing a big fat check at closing.  
  3. I am pregnant...again :)  I am due July 14th and will be having a repeat c-section.  We saw the baby at our first ultrasound on Dec. 2nd and the baby's heart rate was 167 bpm and s/he was measuring 7 weeks 4 days.  Today I am 9 weeks, 6 days.  I am still very nauseous at times but at least now it comes and goes in waves.  
  4. Olivia is obsessed with "Dora-Splora" and knows several Spanish words.  I overheard her counting in Spanish just the other day and it's just the cutest thing.  She also loves it if you tell her she looks like Dora.  She'll smile and get a little embarrassed but loves to hear it.  I think she may also be developing a crush on Diego because every once in a while she requests "Go-Ego-Go" instead of "Dora-Splora".
  5. Luke is becoming quite a little big boy these days.  He loves to play outside with the "big kids" but sometimes they tease him and it makes him really sad.  They are big first graders, 2nd graders, and one 3rd grader.  They love to race him and win.  Luke never gives up and each time he thinks this may be the time that he will win, but he's 4 and they are much older.  Also, one day, they told him to close his eyes and count and they were going to play hide 'n seek.  So Luke did it and then when he opened his eyes all the boys had run inside one house and then they opened the front door just enough to yell, "na-na-nana-na..we-ee tricked you...we're having a sleep over and you're not invit-ed!"  I wanted to kick some little first grader hiney that day, for sure!  Luke, of course, cried and was really upset.  I tried to make him feel better and told him that if they are not nice to find other friends to play with.  He wasn't trying to hear that...he was already plotting how he was going to get even!  Boys, boys, boys...  Watching a group of boys play is like watching a National Geographic Special.  There is a definite pecking order that develops and the dominant male is constantly being challenged for position by the weaker/younger males.  
Well, that sums it up for now.  I have decided to pick back up the blogging since there are so many things the kids do and say that I want to remember.  And, on that note, I leave you with a Luke funny...

The other morning, I woke up to Luke laying between my legs (I was laying on my side with my legs kind of scissored if that makes sense).  One leg had already gone numb so I finally said, "Luke, you've got to move off of Mommy!"  He replied with, "but you're my love chair" and really emphasized the love.   He also asks me almost daily "when will you and daddy's marry be over so that I can marry you?"  Haha...

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Hahahaha! I love Lukey's new found crush on his Mommy! So funny.

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images