New Year

2:41 AM

Wow. 2015. How did this happen? Almost ten years married, mom to an 8, 6 and 3 year old. Dog. House. Yoga pants. Haha. Life really has happened quickly. So quickly, in fact, that I am finding it harder and harder to remember all the day to day moments with the kids. I looked back through the blog and read about things that I would have forgotten otherwise. I will admit. At times, I wondered if the blog was a waste of time. Would anyone ever read it? Would my kids ever see it? Would it get lost in the deep, dark internet? Would it really become a part of our family history? I felt silly, really. I would be filled with guilt at the sight of my kids nearly empty baby books. The thousands upon thousands of digital images stored away on numerous hard drives at the top of our closet. Literally waking up at night in a panic that something would happen to our digital memories and everything would be lost.

But then, after reading back through our lives as I had blogged it, I saw what a gift it was. I was so happy that I took the time to write down my thoughts. The little details of our life that seemed so mundane at the time, but now they are everything. They tell our story in real time, a story that I will not be able to accurately retell as the years go on and as my memory fades. And while I lost sight of this for a little while, I see the importance of it all too clearly now. So as we move into 2015, I am going to begin blogging our life again. For us. For my kids.

So who's with me?? Laurin? Amy? Sonia? LeighAnn? Friends?? Let's encourage and cheer each other on and let's make 2015 a year filled with memories!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images