Settling In

1:04 AM

So we are here...settling in...I just unpacked the last box from inside the house...bulk trash pick-up is this morning. Pictures still need to be hung on the walls and I need to buy a few things to cozy up the place...but overall, I'm feeling settled...and, a little sad. Our street is quiet, no little kids, no stay at home moms...a huge change from our last neighborhood where everybody knows everybody and we're all up in everyone else's business all the time. :) Kind of makes me want to bust out in song...

"Where everybody knows your name,
and they're always glad you came.
You wanna be where you can see,
our troubles are all the same
You wanna be where everybody knows
Your name.


You wanna go where people know,
people are all the same,
You wanna go where everybody knows
your name."


I am looking forward to a few play dates next week with the local moms group and even a Mom's Night Out. I hope, hope, hope I meet some nice mommies to be friends with. The kids keep asking me "where's all the kids mom?" And, quite honestly, I don't know. We go to the park almost every day and despite the beautiful weather we've been having, we are usually the only people there.

With all of that said, I am having such a great time with the kids. Just being able to focus 100% of my attention on them, no distractions, just us, has been so much fun. I feel like I'm really able to just soak up all their cuteness and really connect with them.

Luke has his first baseball game on Saturday, and my little sister and Avery are coming to visit on Friday (so excited!).

Speaking of baseball...it's hard core here. I'll post more details about it later, but it's so organized and everyone seems so serious about it. We're talking 3 practices a week, people! This is t-ball, right?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Where did you guys move?! I hope you feel at home Very soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Woodlands, which is 35 miles north of Houston. Thanks, Julia!

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images