on a more positive note

11:18 PM

I was tagged by my friend Jennifer so it's my turn to tell you guys seven random facts about myself.



1. I played competitive tennis as a child and all through high school. I had a private coach and traveled all over Texas playing in tournaments. I beat out a Senior for captain of my high school team my Freshman year. I got burned out by my last year in high school and rebelled against my parents by quitting all together. No attempt at a college scholarship, nothing. I was done. I do regret this decision. I still love tennis and can't wait until both kiddos are in school so I can start playing in a league.



2. I love photography and am completely self-taught. I began fiddling with my camera after Luke was born and have not put it down since. I have always loved creating art and love oil painting, but let's face it, I don't have time to paint. I hardly have time to go to take a shower. Photography is a creative outlet for me and it also satisfies my neurotic obsession with documenting every moment of my kids' lives. I have 30,000 photos saved on my computer right now and that's just the beginning.



3. I am addicted to Pottery Barn. Nick says I would buy our groceries there if I could. I stalk that place for deals and am on the call list for when they place floor models on sale. I have even contemplated working there just for the discount. That was a no-go for Nick.



4. I worked in insurance before having kids and handled property and injury claims for UPS. Basically, if a UPS truck ran into you somewhere in the SW region of the US, I was the lady who would call and try to smooth things over (aka throw money at you in an attempt to get you to sign a release). I was also the lady that you would yell at and call obsessively about when you were going to get your settlement check. I handled cases in litigation so I attended trials and mediations and negotiated settlements with plaintiff attorneys. I hated my job and it did not fit my personality at all. I did it for the money and ended up meeting Nick so it all worked out. :)



5. I have a "black" thumb. I kill every plant that I come in contact with. I actually feel a little sorry for the flowers that I buy at Calloway's since I already know their fate.



6. I have always wanted to work for Starbucks. Everyone there seems so happy and it just seems like a fun place to work. I would want to be the barista, of course. Oh, and I would want to be the one to fill out all those cute chalk boards with the little squiggles and bubbly handwriting.



7. I never ate shrimp, hot dogs, or steak until I met Nick. I was disgusted by the idea of eating shrimp since it is an entire little creature with little legs and a shell and you have to eat lots of them to get full. Yuck! Nick peeled my shrimp for me and made them look less creature-like and I feel in love. With Nick and the shrimp. Haha!

So here are the rules:

Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog. Tell seven random facts about yourself on your blog. Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

I'm tagging

Stacey W

Laurin

Cindy

Katey

Stacey L

Amy

Melody

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I have always wanted to work at Starbucks too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images