you know you are a mommy when...

1:20 PM

...it takes all evening to find time to use the potty.

On our way back home (at 4pm) I began to feel like I needed to tinkle. We arrive home and both kids are asleep so I carry them in, unload the car, greet the hubby, and again I am reminded I need to tinkle. I begin to head towards the potty when Olivia wakes up screaming in her carseat. Her paci is in her ear, again. Don't ask. I help her, notice she needs a diaper change and head off to her room. I clean her up, put her in the swing in the living room and start back to the potty. I hear Luke wake up crying for me. I immediately go get him. He is always cranky when he wakes up and it takes him about 5-10 minutes of 'snuggle with mommy time' before he is ready to go. We sit on the couch and snuggle. As soon as we are sitting still, I am reminded again that I really need to go now. A few minutes pass and the hubby asks about dinner. I get Luke settled and realize it's 5:30 and I haven't started cooking yet. I head over to start the chicken before the kids start up again. It takes me three attempts to finally get the chicken started in between the paci patrolling, juice requests, and melt downs over Halloween candy (I wonder where he gets his sweet tooth??)...yada, yada, yada...and so on and so on. You get the idea.

Well...finally after dinner and while I am running Luke's bath water, I am sitting on the lid of the potty feeling the water and waiting for it to get warm so I can pull up the plug. I decide that I can take advantage of the moment and squeeze in a quick potty break. FINALLY! Just as I am finishing, Luke comes running around the corner with a handful of toys ready to take his bath.

Ahhh...the life of a mommy. I never thought I would have to schedule in my potty breaks. Such is life, I suppose.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images