dr appt

6:32 AM

{38 wks, 4 days} I had another appt with Dr. Milstein today. My cervix is still showin' no love. The baby is estimated to be over 8 pounds. We scheduled a sonogram for Monday to get a better idea of her size. After he checked me he told me to get dressed and meet him in his office. I felt like I was being called in by the principal. I knew he was going to talk c-section.

We discussed our options if the baby is over 8 and a half pounds on Monday and I'm still not dilating. He said it takes about a week to schedule a c-section and asked if I wanted to go ahead and get one on the books in case I decide on Monday that enough is enough. I agreed, reluctantly. So we have a c-section scheduled for Wednesday, June 25th at 7:30am.

I asked how accurate the sonogram is in determining weight and he said it can be off up to a pound in either direction. So, not very accurate, apparently.

If, however, Olivia is looking to be on the smaller size on Monday, and if I have started to dilate, we will hold off on the c-section and see what happens. The more I think about it, I really don't think I will give in to the c-section until we at least get to my due date. I mean, seriously, it's a little much to ask that my body be ready to birth this kid by 38 weeks. Most women do not go into labor by this point, so this is not and should not be shocking.

I am still hopeful since I did not dilate at all prior to my water breaking with Luke. Maybe that's just the way my body does things...maybe I'll go into labor tonight, or tomorrow...who knows??

Off to do some more research on VBACs...

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. BettencourtFamilyJune 17, 2008 at 12:15 PM

    well, if you decide to go thru with the c-section June 25th is a wonderful date...that will be Ramsey's 3rd Birthday so it is a GREAT day to have a baby girl. I am praying you go on your own!

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images